Designed for professionals in treasury, finance, and related fields, our Treasury Management course offers a deep dive into strategic management, risk assessment, and investment strategies within the treasury function.
|Agreed with client
|22 April 2024
|26 August 2024
If you are unable to attend this course on the dates above, please contact us to discuss alternative options.
Please note that prices shown above are exclusive of VAT (20%).
Who should attend?
- Those working in treasury and need to know more about the capital markets
- Operations managers who want to know more about treasury activities
- Managers who are responsible for investing surplus funds
- Treasury employees who need to know how to assess financial performance
- Internal auditors, accountants who need to show CPD
Those who use or plan to use the capital markets and want to broaden their knowledge of raising finance and/or investing using capital market instruments. They will be from all sectors, including private, public and not-for-profit including:
- Contrast and compare the treasury function in the private and public sector
- Differentiate between primary and secondary markets and the roles of the markets
- Develop skills of calculating the fair value of equity and bond instruments
- Compare and contrast primary and secondary markets
- Develop skills in assessing the performance of stocks and shares
- Use derivative instruments to protect against pure risks
The Role and Function of Treasury Management
- Overview of the main activities of treasury management in the private sector and public sector
- Treasury management activities in the private sector
- Treasury management activities in the public sector
- Introduction to Treasury risks
Strategic Treasury Management
- How treasury has evolved since the financial crisis
- Aligning treasury strategy with organisational goals
- Treasury as strategic financial advisers to the organization
- Areas where treasury takes a leading role, including bank relationship management; short and long-term borrowing and financial risk management
Managing Treasury Risks
- Risk management frameworks and the control environment
- Market risk
- Liquidity risk
- Currency risk
- Effective internal controls and governance in the treasury function
Practical Treasury Management
- Preparing cash flow statements
- Using ratio analysis
- Raising finance – debt versus equity
- The weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
Building an Investment Portfolio
- Establishing investment criteria and objectives
- Investment strategies; passive, active, matching, outsourcing and risk-reduction
- Balanced diversification across asset classes, geographic spread, currencies etc
- Risk appetite
Treasury Management Course
Our Treasury Management course provides a comprehensive understanding of treasury functions and their essential role in private and public sector financial institutions. This course is tailored to equip professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage and protect the financial assets of their organisations effectively.
Participants will learn techniques for aligning treasury management with organisational goals and strategies, ensuring a cohesive approach to financial management. Detailed analysis of market, liquidity, and currency risks will be covered, along with strategies to minimise their impact on the organisation’s financial health. Participants will also learn to engage in practical exercises that simulate real-world treasury scenarios and how to create a balanced portfolio that aligns with strategic financial goals and market conditions.
This course is the perfect opportunity for participants to gain advanced skills and knowledge, positioning them as key contributors to your organisation’s financial strategy and stability.
If you’re looking for more in-depth treasury management training, you may prefer our Advanced Treasury Management course.