Oil and Gas Contract Management
Our practical oil and gas contract management course teaches participants how to compete and succeed in the oil & gas industry.
|In-House||Agreed with client||Flexible||POA|
|London||5 days||19 February 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||3 June 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||23 September 2024||£4,250|
If you are unable to attend this course on the dates above, please contact us to discuss alternative options.
Please note that prices shown above are exclusive of VAT (20%).
Who should attend?
This is a stimulating and practical course designed for directors, managers, senior executives and decision makers involved in strategic and operational functions, including managers of procurement, finance, legal, risk and supplier relations and who want to understand how to maximise competitive advantage in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Lead and manage procurement processes and contract discussions and negotiations
- Identify risks that contracts should address
- Employ contractual tools and techniques to increase competitive advantage
- Apply typical standard contract terms and conditions
- Initiate and develop better commercial contracts within their organisation
- Improve supplier performance through better contracts
- Plan and manage the resolution of contractual disputes
Managing the Purchasing Process
- Overview of purchasing best practice
- Creating interest from the market in your opportunity
- The statement of work for an oil services contract
- Results-based purchasing techniques
- Evaluating supplier proposals
- Is the lowest cost technically compliant bid the right one to choose?
- Moving from bid to contract award
Petroleum Industry Contracts
- Formation of the contract
- Express and Implied terms
- Typical features of exploration and production contracts and contracts for the supply of oil-related services
- ‘Local content’ contract requirements
- Knock for Knock Liability considered
- Anti-corruption measures in petroleum industry contracts
- Case study exercises using oil contract examples
Managing Contractor Performance
- Identifying and managing supplier risk
- Getting and maintaining supplier contract performance
- Service level agreements
- Setting SMART objectives (SLA)
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Contract governance; managing contractual variations
- Why performance is Important and who is involved?
- Post contract closure action
Dispute Resolution in the Petroleum Industry
- Contract breaches and remedies
- Termination of contract
- Should we litigate?
- Using arbitration, mediation or conciliation as means to resolve contractual disputes
- Strengths and weaknesses of ADR as an alternative to litigation
- Dispute resolution scenario
Contract Negotiation Skills and Practice in a Petroleum Industry Context
- Preparing for the negotiation
- Understanding the position of the other side
- Negotiation roles and tactics
- Reaching an agreement
- Knowing your Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement (BATNA) – what happens if the negotiation fails
- Negotiation role play
Oil & Gas Contract Management Course
Our Oil and Gas Contract Management course is a practical course that teaches how to manage procurement processes and negotiate contracts. It teaches how risks can be identified and addressed with contractual tools that increase competitive advantage. Standard contract terms and conditions will be learned, along with improving supplier performance through better contracts for your organisation. Course participants learn how to initiate and develop commercial contracts that benefit their company and how to plan and manage the resolution of contractual disputes.
This is a practical oil and gas contract management course for directors, managers, and decision-makers who work in strategic and operational functions in the Oil and Gas sector. It is designed for those who manage procurement, finance, legal, risk, and supplier relations.
Why Study With LCT?
At LCT, we have over 25 years of experience working with corporate clients worldwide to provide training and consulting solutions that help organisations grow and thrive. We are committed to delivering high-quality corporate training programs with experienced instructors and effective resources. Our training programs are constantly updated to help participants reach their professional goals in the ever-changing corporate world.