Influencing Skills, Assertiveness and Negotiation
This course helps individuals to develop negotiation skills, influence others in a positive way, and behave assertively with practical techniques to improve influence and negotiation skills.
|In-House||Agreed with client||Flexible||POA|
|London||5 days||19 February 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||20 May 2024||£4,250|
|Dubai||5 days||19 August 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||18 November 2024||£4,250|
If you are unable to attend this course on the dates above, please contact us to discuss alternative options.
Please note that prices shown above are exclusive of VAT (20%).
Who should attend?
- Senior Managers who would like a refresher and to develop their confidence, influence and negotiation skills
- Departmental Directors and Departmental Managers who would like practical and relevant techniques
- Those involved in negotiations, resolving conflicts and dealing with confrontation
- Team Leaders and team members
- Project Managers
- Operations managers
- Develop and apply negotiation skills and techniques to a range of situations
- Influence people positively
- Apply practical and relevant skills to behave assertively
- Apply NLP™ and Emotional Intelligence to self-development
- Pre-negotiation preparation on all aspects of the negotiation
- Styles, techniques and skills of a good negotiator
- Tricks people may play on you
- Close with a win-win result for all
- Analysis of factors which influence people
- How to influence people without power and authority over them
- Chairing and participating in meetings which produce results
- Finding common ground and reaching agreement
- Characteristics and skills of assertiveness
- Handling difficult people with confidence
- Giving feedback and receiving criticism constructively
- Responding appropriately to aggressive, assertive and passive people
Introduction to Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming™ (NLP™)?
- How does NLP™ work?
- NLP™ for self-management and self-development
- Application of NLP™ to enhance performance of organisation, teams and individuals
Emotional Intelligence and Body Language
- Key principles, qualities and skills of Emotional Intelligence
- Application of EI to develop self, teams, individuals and respond to situations
- Sending the right messages through your non-verbal communication
- Interpreting the signals and gestures of body language of others
Assertiveness, Influence and Negotiation Skills
The course aims to help participants develop and apply negotiation skills and techniques to a range of situations. Students learn how to positively influence others, behave assertively within their role and apply Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP™) and emotional intelligence for self development and their teams.
Designed for managers of all levels, department directors, team leaders and anyone involved in negotiations, conflict resolution, and dealing with confrontation, our Influencing Skills, Negotiation and Assertiveness course is also suitable for individuals who would like to refresh their skills and develop their confidence in these areas.
It offers practical and relevant techniques for individuals to enhance their influencing skills, assertiveness, and negotiation abilities, using the following methods.
The assertiveness module covers the foundations of assertiveness, such as characteristics and skills. With this detailed understanding, participants then learn how to apply assertiveness skills to handle difficult people with confidence, provide and receive constructive feedback and how to respond appropriately to aggressive, assertive and passive individuals so they can effectively communicate with all members of their team.
The influencing skills module of this course includes analysis of factors influencing people, which is essential for understanding how to influence appropriately in the workplace. It also covers strategies for influencing others without power and authority, effective chairing and participating in meetings, and finding common ground to reach agreements with colleagues, their team and upper management.
The negotiation skills module includes pre-negotiation preparation, the styles, techniques and skills required in a good negotiator, dealing with being on the receiving end of other’s negotiation tactics (and how to avoid having these tricks used against them) and achieving win-win results for their organisation.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP™) Skills
The course also introduces participants to the concept of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP™). It explains the concept behind NLP, how it works, its application for self-management and self-development and how to apply NLP to enhance performances across their teams and organisation.
Emotional Intelligence and Body Language Skills
The final module of this course covers emotional intelligence and body language. Participants will explore and focus on the key principles of emotional intelligence and body language, including how to apply these principles to themselves and their team. They will learn how to send the right messages through non-verbal communication and how to interpret body language in others.
London Corporate Training
At LCT, we offer a wide range of corporate training courses delivered by industry experts with a wealth of experience in their fields. Our courses offer a hybrid of online study and in-house training in London to ensure your employees have a deep understanding on completion of their training.
What do people say about London Corporate Training’s courses?
“The training experience was excellent and eye-opening. I will definitely recommend this course to my friends and colleagues.”
Ministry of Health, Zambia