High Impact Leadership
|In-House||Agreed with client||Flexible||POA|
Who should attend?
- Senior Managers
- Heads of Department
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Sales Managers
- Allow participants to grasp the importance of authenticity to successful leadership and provide them with an opportunity to reflect on their own leadership authenticity.
- Empower participants with knowledge of the role followers play in successful leadership and how leaders can use this to elevate their own leadership practice.
- Raise participants’ levels of self-awareness and the importance to developing a balance between intelligence quotient (IQ) and emotional quotient (EQ).
- Develop an understanding of the main stages in the human response to change and acquire the skills to manage these effectively to improve the likelihood of delivering a successful outcome.
- Equip participants with a set of personal skills that can lead them to create deeper connections with others through making some small changes to their own outlook on life.
- Develop the key skills of the successful negotiator and how these can be used in a range of situations.
- Develop in participants a balanced approach to influencing others with being manipulative and to being assertive without being seen as being aggressive.
Leadership Models & Theories
- What are models, theories, styles and strategies?
- Leadership styles and leadership strategies
- Hersey & Blanchard’s Situational leadership
- Action Centred Leadership
- Fiedler’s Contingency Theory
- Leadership relatability
- Authentic leadership defined
- Academic approach
- Authentic leadership in Practice
- What is organisation culture?#
- Models of organisational culture
- Managing corporate politics
- Leadership and corporate politics
- Managing corporate politics
- Attributes of followers
- Leader-member exchange theory (LMX)
- LMX & organisational culture
- Aligning values of followers and leaders
- Basic ethical frameworks – Universalism, Utilitarianism & Justice Theories
- Leadership and moral development
- Why do leaders not act ethically sometimes?
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- What is emotional intelligence?
- The nature of intelligence
- Goleman’s research
- The ‘dark side’ of emotional intelligence
- Criticisms of emotional intelligence
Change Management Core Competencies
- The psychology of change and the triggers for change
- Key competencies needed to manage change
- Supporting your employees through a change programme
- Why does change go wrong?
Leading & Managing Change
- Introduction to key change models
- Understanding people’s response to change
- Drivers for change and organisational culture
- Strategies for the successful change leader
- Personal learning styles and strategies
- Developing personal accountability
- Developing personas
- Schein’s career anchors
- Pre-negotiation preparation on all aspects of the negotiation
- Styles, techniques and skills of a good negotiator
- Tricks people may play on you
- Close with a win-win result for all