ABOUT THE COURSE
Who should attend?
- Suitable for persons at all levels of responsibility and authority within an engineering or operations function.
- It may be of interest to those who have had limited exposure to FPSOs and need to update their knowledge and familiarity, or those who may have had previous first-hand offshore experience on an FPSO but wish to expand their knowledge in the topics of design and operation.
- It will be particularly beneficial for technical staff, project engineers, engineering specialists and operating staff
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Be aware of the history of the FPSO and the reasons why it has developed to become a mainstream choice for offshore production
- Be familiar with the various forms of floating production systems and how the FPSO fits within the applications
- Appreciate the concepts and the options available for offshore field development
- Be aware of the main technical and economic drivers in relation to the choice of an FPSO as the host facility
- Understand the main technical questions surrounding the design of the FPSO and their resolutions
- Be familiar with the main building blocks for an FPSO design
- Understand the design and selection of the hull and mooring system
- Understand the configurations available for the subsea layout in terms of the manifolds, flow lines, risers and umbilicals
- Be familiar with the layout and configuration of the topsides process plant on an FPSO based on both safety and operability criteria
- Be familiar with the main marine systems of the FPSO based on the need for safety of the vessel and persons on board