Corporate Legal Advisers and Chartered Company Secretaries
|In-House||Agreed with client||Flexible||POA|
|London||5 days||22 January 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||8 April 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||7 October 2024||£4,250|
If you are unable to attend this course on the dates above, please contact us to discuss alternative options.
Please note that prices shown above are exclusive of VAT (20%).
Who should attend?
- New or Experienced in-house lawyers wanting to refresh their skills and knowledge about their role
- Lawyers transferring from private practice to a corporate role
- Executive and Non-Executive Company Directors
- Public officials in a regulatory, supervisory or compliance functions
- Company Secretaries of public companies
- Describe the duties of company directors
- Review how company boards are organised
- Apply the oversight obligation of boards of listed companies
- Refresh their existing and develop new commercial skills applicable to legal roles
- Examine the importance of the Company Secretary’s role
- Apply alternative dispute resolution techniques to resolving corporate disputes
- Negotiate more effectively
Corporate Behaviours – Best Practices
- Company director duties
- The role of the NED
- Creating an effective board
- Corporate conduct – the social responsibilities of the company
- Consequences of failure in corporate behaviour
Roles and responsibilities of company secretary
- Assisting the Board
- Record keeping
- Managing the registered office
- Supporting and managing board and company meetings
Roles and responsibilities of corporate legal department
- What’s in the job of the in-house lawyer?
- Adding value to company performance
- Identifying and reducing corporate risks
- Measuring the effectiveness of the corporate legal department
Resolving legal disputes
- Where do the problems occur?
- Resolving disputes without recourse to the courts
- Alternative dispute resolution techniques – arbitration, mediation, conciliation
- Other dispute procedures
Negotiating, drafting and structuring legal agreements
- Contract law refresher
- Drafting legal agreements
- Negotiation principles
- Tools and techniques for negotiation
- What are our negotiables?
- Best alternative to negotiated agreement (BATNA)