Our Corporate Finance course is designed for professionals who want to develop their skills to succeed in the fast-paced world of corporate finance.
|In-House||Agreed with client||Flexible||POA|
|London||5 days||8 January 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||1 April 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||1 July 2024||£4,250|
|London||5 days||30 September 2024||£4,250|
If you are unable to attend this course on the dates above, please contact us to discuss alternative options.
Please note that prices shown above are exclusive of VAT (20%).
Who should attend?
- Those who are new appointed into a strategic planning role
- Treasury department managers who wish to increase the strategic role of the treasury function
- Financial planning practitioners who want to update their skills
- Those who want to be able to look at their organisation’s performance and that of competitors
- Audit personnel
- Financial risk managers
- Go beyond the description of financial performance to calculate and interpret key information
- Assess the influential role of all stakeholders
- Develop a business funding policy to manage financial risk
- Evaluate the growing influence of corporate finance on strategy
- Exploit the growing strategic role in developing competitive advantage
Financial Statements, International Standards and interpreting them using Ratio Analysis
- International Financial Standards for Private and Public Sectors
- The key statements, format and content
- Financial Analysis – the essential ratios based on the income statement
- Financial Analysis – the essential ratios based on the balance sheet and/or income statement combine
How The Shift from Shareholder to Stakeholder Value is Driving Strategy and Decision-Making
- Value maximisation and stakeholder theory
- The drivers of shareholder and stakeholder value
- Linking decision-making to shareholder value – the long-term perspective
- Ethical dimensions of decision-making
Funding the Business
- Capital structure and the cost of capital
- Funding with equity
- Retaining profit – dividend policy
- Funding with debt
- The main instruments of the capital markets
The Impact of PESTLE on Strategy and Risk Management
- The components of PESTLE and the impact on corporate finance
- Porter’s generic competitive strategies
- Mergers and acquisition – a corporate approach
- Managing financial risks
An Effective Treasury Function
- Expanding strategic role of treasury and its role in corporate decision making
- Price to earnings ratio, dividend yield, dividend payout ratio
- Leadership skills and training for treasurers
- The areas where treasury takes a lead role, including: bank relationship management; short-term and long-term borrowing; financial risk management
- Defining treasury success – KPIs, credit ratings etc.
Who is this Corporate Finance course for?
Our Corporate Finance course is designed for financial risk managers, audit personnel, financial planning practitioners, treasury department managers and strategic planners, although anyone within your organisation who wants to better understand corporate finance and monitor performance would benefit from taking this course.
LCT’s Corporate Finance Course
On LCT’s Corporate Finance course, our expert instructors guide students through modules covering the key topics in corporate finance, including financial analysis, funding the business, and effective treasury functions.
Through interactive lectures and hands-on exercises, students develop a deep understanding of financial statements and international standards and learn how to interpret them using ratio analysis. Students also gain insight into the drivers of shareholder and stakeholder value and how to make informed financial decisions that maximise value for all stakeholders in your organisation.
In the funding the business module, students have the opportunity to develop a comprehensive understanding of capital structure and learn how to make strategic decisions for their organisation that minimise financial risk.
Our comprehensive Corporate Finance course leaves no stone unturned when it comes to making informed financial decisions, managing risks and encouraging the growth of your organisation’s finances.
Enrol your team on LCT’s Corporate Finance course today and take their financial skill set to the next level.